Saturday, January 29, 2011

Star Wars Mural


A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I had the opportunity to paint this unique mural for a very lucky 6 year old boy. Not only was he a huge Star Wars fan, he was a huge Star Wars LEGO fan!

The theme of the room was to paint his favorite Star Wars Lego figures and they turned out pretty fun! Who would have thought a chunky Lego figure could have so much charm!

I used a great Lego book and actual Lego figures as my visual resources. Plus the boy was often on hand to answer my questions.

I used a computer font projected onto the wall to complete the quote above the bed. And the awesome blue faux finish was completed by my friends at Broad Spectrum. Check out their website at www.broadspectrumpainting.com.

As a final touch, I added a trompe l'oeil lightsaber in the adjoining bathroom. May the force be with you!
And I have to give a shout out to this client's awesome cat, Bailey. She kept me company by drinking my water bin, batting my brush handles, and laying beside me on my drop cloths.

Thanks for looking and I'd love your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. WOW this is amazing! I love it.. and the cat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corie, this Star Wars Lego room is too cute, I'm sure he love's it. Thanks for commenting on my table re-do. I think we've met before at the decorative painter's meetings and the Hyde Park judging... talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete