Thursday, June 9, 2011

Garage Sale


My daughters and their good friends have been planning to have a garage sale for an entire YEAR.  They sorted through toy boxes, closets, and drawers and priced up a bunch of their toys to sell.


Preparing for the sale was a lot of work for us parents, but it motivated me to get rid a bunch of stuff, too.  So, we picked the same date as our citywide garage sales, made some signs, and set up shop.

 Look at how busy we were.... I think our dog, Brady, sleeping in the middle of the sale was a perfect comment to how it went.


Turns out, we did sell a few larger items & furniture, but couldn't give a TV away.  Well, actually, we DID give a TV away... to the neighbor kid.  Everything left over got loaded up and delivered to Goodwill and the kids were pleased with a little extra cash in their pockets.

And Brady was pretty tired from the excitement!

I love going to garage sale and was able to find a few treasures myself.  Stay tuned to see what I end up doing to these....
 A lightweight set of drawers with decals...

 And two solid wood nightstands.  Everyone has a place for these!
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment